In India , Guest are suppose to be "Bhagwan", but people often dont welcome their "Bhagwan" just to avoid the efforts of treating them with dinner or lunch. Its a elaborate process, which takes a lot of time, and today, time is precious to money. But what if you have some guests just dropping in for coffee !!!! Dont tear your hair, just follow the recipes...
Recipe 1. Cabbage Tortillas (serves 4)
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
1. Cabbage 250 gms
2. Minced Chicken/ minced Mushroom 100 gms
3. Chopped onion 1 big
4. White oil 2 table spoon
5. Mayonnaise 2 table spoon
6. Organo 1/2 tea spoon
7. Black pepper powder 1 tea spoon
8. Salt to taste
9. Melted Butter 5 table spoon
How to go about it.
1. Cut cabbage in rectangular shape , and slightly steam it. The cabbage should get little soft, but shouldnt be fully cooked.
2. Pan fry onions in 2 spoon of oil.
3. Once golden brown add in the minced chicken/mushroom and fry it with salt , pepper and oregano. Chicken would take 2 mins more time than mushroom.
4. Take out the mixture in a bowl and mix the mayo along with the chicken/ mushroom.
5. Make rolls of cabbage slices and put 1 spoon of mixture in it and wrap and pin with tooth picks.
6. Brush some butter on the rolls and either roast it on a hot pan, or just simply grill or microwave it till the cabbage turn dark brown at places.
7. Serve hot with coffee and ketchup.