Starting your day with a good breakfast boosts your energy, increases your attention span, and heightens your sense of well-being. You’ll be in better control of your emotions. A good breakfast is one that provides at least one third of the day’s calories. A good breakfast will keep you from being tired and irritable by mid-morning.
Most people give a variety of reasons for not eating breakfast.
• “No time?”
• “Not hungry?”
• “Might gain weight?”
• You “don’t like breakfast foods?”
The Best option for a quick healthy breakfast would definitely be cereals. Its got vitamins, Iron, u get to have milk with it which is good source of calcium , and its got higher fiber content and takes a good time to get digested. Fresh fruit also a good choice only if you can get early and have a quick bite before your breakfast because fruits got citric acid which if taken in empty stomach, takes your liver for a toss in the long run.
But we are humans, and we live to eat , so having cereals and fruits everyday for breakfast is not sane.My breakfast recipes would be for people who have above excuses to skip the most important meal of the day. Others can also try, as its surely quick and tasty, and people who still wanna bunk breakfast, best of luck for your unfit future.
Recipe 1. Quick Bite Sandwich (Non Veg)
Prep time - 10 mins Cook time - 5 mins
Bread (Preferably brown) 2 Slices Boiled potato 1 Boiled Egg 1 Low Fat Butter 1 spoon salt to taste Pepper to taste Dhania chutney 1 spoon Water 300 ml
How to go about it.
1. Mash the boiled potato and egg in a bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper, 0.5 spoon butter.
3. Apply Dhania chutney on 1 side of the bread and little butter on the other.
4. Sandwich the mixture into the slices with the side with butter on the outer side and toast it.
5. sprinkle peper and serve hot with tea and coffee. you can add grated cheeze as well if you not bothered about calories.
Recipe 2. Achaari Upma (serves 1.)
Prep time - 5 mins
Cook time - 7 mins
Suji 5 Big spoon
White oil 2 tea spoon
Ghee 1 tea spoon ( optional)
Mustard seeds 1/3rd tea spoon
salt to taste
Chopped Onions 2 table spoons
Chopped Dhania 1 tea spoon
Curry leaves 8 pcs
Pickle 1/2 tea spoon
Green chillies 1
How to go about it.
1. Heat oil in a pan, and add the mustard seeds once the oil is hot.
2. After 5 seconds add the curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
3. Add chopped onions and green chillies and fry till golden brown. Put the Suji, salt, Dhania leaves and ghee and fry for 2 mins.
4. while frying the content add in any spicy pickle,preferably mango or lime .
5. add water and cover the pan and cook for few minutes.
6. Once the Upma is semi dry ( water must not be visible but not totally dry as well, depends on hoe you want to eat it) pour it in a bowl and sprinkle some Dhania leaves on top.
The effects of a skipped breakfast are short attention span, lack of alertness, longer reaction time, low blood sugar, decreased work productivity. Surely, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Take time to eat a large, balanced breakfast. It’s a good investment of your time.